Translate

Total Pageviews

Friday, August 16, 2013

A day on the Weber River

                                                       
                                                                  June 9  2013   


            A day on the Weber River to Fly Fish with my boy’s Randy Jr. aka (Lil ran) and Scott. 
 
 
 
 me and my boys at the beginning of the day decide if we are going to hook and cook or play catch and release. That day was a hook and cook day. we were at a different place than we normally go we wanted to try a different area that day. we need to try a different area so we have a few places to go instead of fishing the same hole every time we go. The day started out slow with my youngest in a not on the first cast.  (he's  kinda rusty) Within a few minutes we were back fishing all three of us had on different fly’s to find what they were feeding on . We did not see any risers hitting the top that morning so we decide to fish the bottom. With the water levels  a little high that day. We all decided to use different types of nymphs and wet flies to Fish at different depths. I myself was fishing very deep  in the hole I was in I would say I was fishing about 6ft deep with the strike indicator about 7.5 feet from my flies the current seemed to be about normal so I was fishing the river to the best of my knowledge and Within the first 20 minutes I had hooked into a nice fish using one of my flies that I had tied, I call a GOLDIE.
 
 
Landing the fish we had weight it at 4.3lbs white fish. Moments later Lil ran had one on and that also was a white fish at 4.5 lbs. with a few tangled lines and a quick rest and regroup we were back fishing the river hard, hitting the holes and the lanes and the back eddies and everywhere we thought we could catch a fish.
 
 

We had found what there were hitting on. and how deep. Using the two hook method with a pheasant tail on the top and followed by the Goldie witch that was the target fly they were hitting. Lil ran was using a beaded caddis followed by a Goldie. Scott was using a hairs ear followed by a Goldie.
 
there is nothing like catching a fish on something you made. the night before I had tied up about a dozen or so of these Goldie's.  

Scott hooked in to one, as I was headed over to help him net it and Lil ran had on.  FISH ON!!  he said with a holler YAHOO!!

We had a double I was "stuck" witch fish do I net first. Lil ran had his under control and was playing fine wearing it out and taking his time so he would not loose his catch. so I continued over to help Scott we got his fish netted and was taking the hook out and we noticed that it had hit the Goldie.  within minutes randy had found his honey hole and was fighting another fish then Scott hooked in to another but soon lost it. I started fishing the hole again that I had caught my first fish from and had one on with the first cast fight that fish and just taking it all in catching fish and doing it with my boys there is nothing greater than fishing with the boy's and making memories.  
 
 
 
 With a couple more pan size fish I the basket I think we had enough for a good dinner. so what ever we caught from on would be catch and release. my boys had no problem with that they like to release them so they or someone else can have the fun of catching them as we did.
 
 
 
 
 
 
The temperature was heating up a making the water temp rise and the fish seemed like they just stop hitting seemed like hours went by and no hits no risers. Moving to different spots on the river. hit that spot with everything  I and Lil ran had some light strikes, Scott had one on fighting it but did not land it. But nothing that really took the hook and ran with it  As we moved up river back towards the truck we keep flipping the fly and hopping for something to happen before the day end.   
really not knowing what the water temperature was all day ( lost the thermometer) I think we had tackled the day of fishing pretty well.
fishing with friends or family and getting out doors is what it's all about catching something is just icing on the cake.
 
"time spent fishing can not be deducted from a man's life"

No comments: